The Evening Post
Do We Deserve This? - FBI to help with Dash inquiry - Great view, shame about the yobs- Stigley sought stress payout - Hotels, bars big rugby winners - Armed intruder fails to faze - Inside headlines - Sports lead - Editorial
Do we deserve this: Bottle throwing hooligans mar test. Ban them for life, but don't blame Wellington.
FBI to help with Dash inquiry: The FBI is to question an American women on behalf of Kiwi cops investigating the death of Wellington law student Gavin Dash.
Great view, shame about the yobs: The front page pics show an aerial view of Westpac Stadium and a close-up of unruly fans, inside, getting tackled by security guards.
Stigley sought stress payout: Local Government chief executive Carol Stigley sought a no-fault payout for stress, humiliation and extreme distress in exchange for leaving the organization quietly, a confidential memo says.
Hotels, bars big rugby winners: The rugby may have been lost but Wgtn's hotels, bars and restaurant came up winners at the weekend with at least $8 million being pumped into the local economy.
Armed intruder fails to faze: A Wgtn motelier confronted and deterred an armed robber last night and then donned sparring gloves to give chase.
-Shopping nurtures what comes
naturally (Joanne Black column);
- Nats vow fight over Bill;
- Officials focus on Samoa-NZ adoptions;
- Not missing a beat'
- E-govt to overtake restructuring need;
- Best farming season for 20 years - MAF report;
- Top Cop to see Samuels report;
- No more walk on the wild side for rail station commuters;
- Ambulance service pays out $47,000;
- Call to expel hooligans;
- Stadium thumbs-up from rugby stalwart;
- Woman arrested in Carterton toddler case;
- Drugs in forests targeted;
- London study for Post aria winner;
- NZ cautious about anymore sanctions on Fiji.
Sports Lead: Cheer up it's not all black: NZ forward coach Tony Gilbert claims the All Blacks have only played to 60 percent of their potential so far this season.
Editorial: Why Indonesia's woes should trouble New Zealand: Shame about the boors.