The Evening Post
Wednesday August 9, 2000
Goff calls for sex predator register - I inhaled then threw up Blumsky - Reprieve for one-armed wood chopper - Star's playmate now a bunny - Second relative of Hine Charged - Inside Headlines - Sportslead - Editorial
Goff calls for sex predator register: Options for an official register to keep track of sex offenders and paedophiles after their release has been called for by Justice Minister Phil Goff.
I inhaled then threw up Blumsky: Wellington Mayor Mark Blumsky did inhale - but the experience didn't convince him marijuana should be decriminalised.
Reprieve for one-armed wood chopper: The front page pic. shows one-armed wood chopping champion 15-year-old Nick Fredrikson in action.
Star's playmate now a bunny: The Auckland model who had sex session with singer Robbie Williams has now posed for an adult magazine.
Second relative of Hine charged: A second relative of dead Waiarapa toddler Hinewaioriki Karaitiana-Matiaha has been arrested and charged with assaulting another child.
- Kylie's killer a violent sex predator;
- Waterfront distrust;
- Jobs bill step closer to becoming law;
- I couldn't stop stabbing - accused;
- 1091 assaults on kids last year;
- Man takes car, baby;
- Man shot in street;
- Samuels may sue PM for defamation;
- Theseus has got a new motor;
- Traffic delays hurt businesses;
- Child-basher church minister lose job;
- LGNZ to discuss resignation;
- Pay rise for Porirua councillors;
- Junior doctors consider striking.
Canterbury to start four All Blacks - Canterbury will start four All Blacks against Wellington on Friday night in the NPC opener at the capital's WestpacTrust Stadium.
Editorial: Lights-out time for Hutt Mana trust;; - Pinochet thwarted.