The Evening Post
Blakeley quits for Porirua Council Job - Mayors seek law change to allow tolls on highway - Middleton vows to kill Hotene - Huge Cannabis Haul in Johnsonville - Leo the Lion's the Mane Man - Children see mum threatened by gun - Inside headlines - Sports lead - Editorial
Blakeley quits for Porirua Council Job: Controversial Internal Affairs boss Roger Blakeley resigned today to take up the job of Porirua City Council Chief executive.
Mayors seek law change to allow tolls on highway: Wellington's five mayors today asked the government to change the law so tolls could fund an inland highway through Transmission Gulley.
Middleton wants to kill Hotene: Campaigner for tougher sentences Mark Middleton, has vowed to kill the man who killed journalist Kylie Jones if he is ever released from prison.
Huge cannabis haul on Johnsonville: The front pg pic shows Johnsonville copper Max Taylor surrounded by an inside dope plot his officers busted.
Leo the Lion's the mane main: Leo the Lion has recovered from a bout of mange and will run out a WestpacTrust Stadium for Wellington games in fine condition.
Children see mum threatened by gun: Two kids saw the,mother robbed at gunpoint in a Newtown dairy on Friday morning.
- Greens flex muscle
over labour bill;
- Overstayer crackdowns a worry for Islanders;
- Kelson man joins US fire fight;
- Sutton sees boost for CER;
-MPs underpaid, likely to get more;
- Driver see red over quarry road plans;
- Kiwis in wartime;
- Hospital workers win award;
- Furious councils threaten to quit LGNZ;
- Warning on off-road tyres;
- Wharf hotel plan gets backing;
- Lightning hits power;
- Appointments keep cancer unit open;
- Ruling on legal access for drink drive suspects;
- Paedophile register attacked;
- Olympics will bring huge boost for NZ tourism;
- Credit cards back.
Sportslead: Plenty of motivation for Lions to roar: The presence of four All Blacks in Canterbury colours used to fire up Wellington Lions.
Editorial: Cullen needs to lead on tax and super; An idea going nowhere fast.