The Evening Post
Too Dear -won't be there - Stadium hard on visitors - First steps - Inside headlines - Sportslead - Editorial
Too dear - won't be there: New Zealanders have decided the Sydney Olympics are a non-event, much to the dismay of airlines, agents and wholesalers.
Stadium hard on visitors - Deans: Some call it the cake tin, some the colosseum, call it what you like - but Canterbury rugby coach Robbie Deans predicts tough time for opposing teams at Wellington's WestpacTrust Stadium.
First steps: The front page pic shows Ansett crash survivor David Green back on his feet after a business trip place accident changed his life.
- Sheryl's boys outdid the girls;
- Focus on successes - Blakeley;
- Councillors hungry for meetings;
- Nat, ACT vow to fight Bill to end;
- Waterfront decision a con,-Varnham;
- True dope story wanted;
- Samoan couple reflect on reduced sentence for child abuse;
- Family upset as jury acquits killer of murder;
- Blumsky call may see split in LGNZ;
- Firestone tyre replacement programme;
- Native timber is office upset Greens;
- Vehicles roll in two crashes, SHI blocked.
Rampaging forward tear Cantabs apart: It was night for the big boys. As soon as Wgtn locks Dion Waller and Inoke Afeaki shook a gremlin or two from their systems they provided the horsepower for the sides heartening 27-20 NPC win over Canterbury.
Editorial: More heads should roll.