Suicidal Drug Boy - Bubbles From Sub - Petrol Price Rise - Mature Pinups - Wekas Seized
- SUICIDAL DRUG BOY: Commissioner for Children Roger McClay has promised to pay about $9000 for the treatment of a suicidal 14-year-old drug user because he said no other agency had been prepared to pick up the tab.
- BUBBLES FROM SUB: Huge bubles were seen rising from the crippled Russian submarine trapped in the Barents Sea last night, suggesting it may have broken up and all the seamen are dead.
- PETROL PRICE RISE: Mobil raised
its petrol price by three cents a litre
Last night, and more price rises are predicted.
- MATURE PIN-UPS: Napier City Councillor Denyse Watkins is behind the “Deco Belles” calendar, which features some of the city’s more mature women posed without most of their clothes, to raise money for the Breast Cancer Foundation.
- WEKAS SEIZED: A man who took eight Chatham Island wekas to Christchurch, only to have them detained in an argument over Maori protocol, wants them freed.
Inside Political Headlines:
- Health Reform
Bill hits snag;
- PM did not say police were racist – Cullen;
- Another doctor joins the exodus;
- National cries foul over loss of speaker;
- PR people in ministers’ offices sparks accusation;
- Sky wants to broadcast MPs’ debates;
- Hope in hunt for Kiwi body.
Editorial: Warnings unheeded (Waitara shooting)