Cannabis Poll – Drowning Tragedy – Russian Sub – IRD
Experiment Costs – Cullen’s Record
- CANNABIS POLL: The Dominion leads today with the results of a new poll, which shows 60 percent of New Zealanders are in favour of decriminalising or legalising cannabis.
- DROWNING TRAGEDY: Two people drowned while trapped in their car while two others in the back seat struggled for three hours to free themselves. The car had veered into a flooded ditch.
- RUSSIAN SUB: Norwegian rescuers found last night that the escape hatch of the Russian submarine lying on the Arctic sea bed was badly damaged, jeopardising attempts to get inside the sub, now thought to be a mass grave for the 118 crew.
IRD EXPERIMENT COSTS: The Inland Revenue Department’s short lived experiment with digital certificates cost the taxpayer $2.5 million.
- CULLEN’S RECORD: Christian Cullen beat Jeff Wilson’s try scoring record for the All Blacks, running in two tries in the All Black’s loss to the Springboks in Johannesburg yesterday.
Inside Political Headlines:
- Conference stalked by the fierce bogywoman of Labour;
- Labour rejects Nats’ super move;
- ‘Non-traditional’ voters needed for election win – English;
- National Mps welcome back Waitai;
- Poll puts Labour and National just one point apart;
- Muldoon upset US first – biography
Editorial: Graduating to