New Airport Rules – Fireman’s Hot Site – Cullen On Dollar – New Governor General – Jane Clifton About The House
- NEW AIRPORT RULES: Rules that would force Wellington International Airport to spend up to $20 million to add 90 metres to each end of its runway are expected to be in place by the end of the year.
- FIREMAN’S HOT SITE: Allegations that a senior Fire Service manager accessed pornographic websites will be the subject of a report to Internal Affairs Minister Mark Burton next week.
- CULLEN ON DOLLAR: New Zealand is far from becoming a “banana republic,” but the dollar’s slump highlighted international concerns about the balance of payments deficit, Finance Minister Michael Cullen said.
- NEW GOVERNOR GENERAL: High Court Judge Sylvia Cartwright said she would need to loosen up for her new role as the 31st Governor General.
JANE CLIFTON ABOUT THE HOUSE: parliament was bristling with theories as the dollar slumped to humiliating new lows.
Inside Political Headlines:
- US diplomatic on defence spending;
- Nat’s plot to take seat off Dunne;
- Firefighters’ deal up to minister;
- Defamation law change sought;
- Economic Development Ministry head resigns;
- Peters concerned former tax chief will oversee elections;
- Family abuse team planned;
- Custom’s seize ecstasy package.
Time to lift our