ACC Alert – Unchecked Agony – NZ Analyst For Aus – Streptococcal Profit – Samuels Cleared
- ACC ALERT: A new way of searching ACC’s database for child-abuse warning signs may have already saved one child’s life and helped prevent further harm to two siblings.
- UNCHECKED AGONY: Hutt Valley Health Officials accepted the rap yesterday for months of agony seven-year-old Jessica Tait went through, because she was too handicapped to complain about deep nerve cavities in her teeth, which were not checked for 18 months.
- NZ ANALYST FOR AUS: The Australian High Commission is advertising for a local New Zealander to work as a policy analyst, briefing Australians on New Zealand political developments and such areas as immigration, health, education and Maori issues.
- STREPTOCOCCAL PROFIT: The South Island’s richest man, Howard Paterson, turned a $16.5 million paper profit in one day yesterday on a $1 million investment. His gain is based on the discovery of a potential cure for streptococcal throat infections by University of Otago scientists.
- SAMUELS CLEARED: Sacked Maori Affairs Minister Dover Samuels – who was cleared of the final sex allegations laid against him yesterday – is considering laying criminal charges against his accusers.
Inside Political Headlines:
- Clark tells Turia to apologise;
- Late-night callers bang on PM’s door;
- Anderton: You be the judge of petrol prices;
- Army underpaid and over there admits Clark;
- Suspect in Kiwi’s death ‘wanted by both sides’;
- Goff to spell out NZ ‘concerns and desires’ in Fiji stopover.
Phil Goff for