Oops, I Did It Again - Iti Trip Taxpayer Funded - Social Worker Shortage - Ghost Flight - Snake Found
- OOPS, I DID IT AGAIN: Associate Maori Affairs Minister Tariana Turia effectively defied the Prime Minister yesterday by again comparing an episode of New Zealand’s history with the Nazi Holocaust. She had been told to never use the ‘H word’ again by the Prime Minister.
ITI TRIP TAXPAYER FUNDED: Conservation Department Director-General Hugh Logan has begun an urgent review into why details of a taxpayer funded trip for Maori activist Tame Iti were kept secret.
SOCIAL WORKER SHORTAGE: Thousands of children reported to be in danger of being abused are not being helped because of a critical shortage of social workers, and internal monitoring panel at the Child, Youth and Family department says.
- GHOST FLIGHT: A light aircraft flew for nearly 3000 kilometres across Australia on auto pilot before crashing in the outback, killing eight people, including two New Zealanders.
- SNAKE FOUND: A poisonous snake has been found among a cargo of used car batteries from Australia – the fifth snake discovery in New Zealand this year.
- Questions Follow Cullen Overseas;
- Samuels would have sacking case – expert;
- Police files being sought;
- Porirua algae test results today;
- Internal Affairs head appointed;
- Diverting starters’ orders – Jane Clifton about the house.
Editorial: Soldiers are