Brain Drain - Inmates Compensated - Kiwis In UN Resce - Golden Girl - Jane Clifton Column - Turia Row
- BRAIN DRAIN: Wellington is New Zealand’s biggest victim of the “brain drain,” according to new migration statistics.
- INMATES COMPENSATED: Four former Mangaroa Prison inmates have been awarded an undisclosed sum and an apology after claims of suffering abuse and torture at the hands of prison guards.
- KIWIS IN UN RESCUE: Three New Zealand helicopters spearheaded the rescue of United Nations staff from West Timor yesterday after four were killed.
- GOLDEN GIRL: Elizabeth Goulden of Mirimar is the bigest try scorer in the Marist St Patricks Panthers under seven rugby team, and the only girl playing at the WestpacTrust Stadium tomorrow.
- JANE CLIFTON COLUMN – TURIA ROW: How can you tell if you are in deep shtuck with the Labour Party?
Inside Political Headlines:
- Labour bosses carpet Turia over h-word;
- Hepatitis payout gives sufferer cold comfort;
- Prebble abused his position says Samuels;
- More fuel for fire review;
- Longer terms for violent offenders;
- Cullen to test NZ-Brunei ties.
Editorial: Helen’s Maori