More Petrol Price Increases – Anzac Dollar – Murderer Sentenced – Sydney Olympics
- MORE PETROL PRICE INCREASES: Petrol prices are tipped to rise another 3c a litre this week with increasing international crude oil prices and a weaker NZ dollar, oil industry sources indicate.
- ANZAC DOLLAR: Most kiwis want a joint Anzac dollar with Australia, according to a One News-Colmar Brunton opinion poll issued last night.
- MURDERER SENTENCED: Convicted murderer Travis Burns will spend at least 15 years in prison for what a judge called a brutal, cold-blooded killing of an innocent mother he did not know.
- SYDNEY OLYMPICS: The New Zealand women’s hockey team won its first match in three Olympic campaigns, beating China 2-0, keeping their medal chances alive. Good performances in women’s softball, equestrian, sailboarding and soling have created medal prospects.
- Nats assure Shipley coup claim is untrue;
- Currency union cost to NZ put at $150m a year;
- Ministry spends $9.4m on new phone system;
- Court blocks Tainui’s bid to sell Warriors;
- Hotene’s release explained;
- TV news critic appointed to standards authority;
- Media envoy for Fiji;
- Clark set to front up to forum.
Editorial: Put Public Safety