Social Policy Cash From SOEs – Olympic Hopes – Upton Overseas – Tenacious Cat
- SOCIAL POLICY CASH FROM SOES: The Government is looking to raid the balance sheets of five key state-owned enterprises to free up cash for its big spending programme, official documents reveal.
- OLYMPIC HOPES: Rower Rob Waddell and equestrian veteran Mark Todd are the best hopes of breaking New Zealand’s medals drought at the Sydney Olympics after the exit of Atlanta gold medallist Blyth Tait.
- UPTON OVERSEAS: National MP Simon Upton has announced he will leave Parliament early next year, ending 20 years as a parliamentarian.
- TENACIOUS CAT: Kane the cat may have used up one of his nine lives after he survived 34 days locked in a shed in Papakowhai near Porirua without food or water.
- Oz-bound Kiwis on the increase;
- Dental fees claim could cost $10m;
- Focus call for race issues;
- PM under fire for prison payout comments;
- Defence policies attacked;
- Labour forced to defend closing the gaps;
- Jane Clifton: Anderton falls under the spell of Irish media baron;
- Poll ban on again.
Editorial: Killing the golden