EPOST News Monitor, Thursday, Sept 28, 2000
The Evening Post, Thursday, Sept 28, 2000
Article: Mathew Loh
Sydney slanging match - Beware the curse of the emir's sword - Enter the dragon -Two Kiwis in Ferry diaster - Inside headlines - Sportslead - Editorial
Sydney slanging match: A vicious slanging match has erupted between Helen Clark and Jenny Shipley over a meeting with Australian PM, John Howard.
Beware the curse of the Emir's sword: Is it cursed or coincidence.
Enter the Dragon: Wgtn's Chinese community move a giant dragon
Two kiwis in ferry disaster: Two NZers survived last night's Greek ferry sinking, which killed at least 63 people.
- New qualification divides teachers;
- Tricky task to fix Manapouri;
- ACC unveils plan to drop premiums by 25pc;
- Retirement plan gets OK;
- Nat man's home sealed as death probed;
- Lange glad to be out of political wilderness;
- Weak dollar and pricy fuel to push up food prices;
- CYFS tries to share round child abuse workload;
- More Starbucks cafes for the caffeince capital;
- Kiwi engineer struck gold with Olympic flame;
- Making waves at Lyall Bay;
- Shaw faces expulsion call.
Fright night: Two of NZ's sentimental favourites at the Sydney Olympics Beatrice Faumuina and the women's hockey team made sad exits last night.
Editorial: Clark swaps hoop-la for a serious game.