Parenting Code – Aussie Gold – Wairarapa Toddler –
Whiteware Prices Rise – PM’s Lightning Strike
- PARENTING CODE: Parents will be required to follow a parenting “code” listing their rights and responsibilities to their children under a world-first Care of Children Act proposed today.
- AUSSIE GOLD: A former New Zealand representative yachtswoman has won a gold medal – for Australia.
- WAIRARAPA TODDLER: Three people were arrested last night and charged with a variety of offences, including manslaughter, relating to the death of Wairarapa toddler Hinewaoriki Karaitiana-Matiaha.
- WHITEWARE PRICES RISE: The price of whiteware and electronic goods will rise by up to 10 per cent on Monday on the back of the weak dollar and high petrol prices.
- PM’S LIGHTNING STRIKE: Prime Minister Helen Clark said she did not feel anything at the top of Sydney Harbour Bridge when lightning struck overhead yesterday morning.
Inside Political Headlines:
- Howard warning on overstayer amnesty;
- Change words in health boards bill Maori groups say;
- Income growth slows – survey;
- Diverse views aired at gene meeting;
- Fraud claims denied by former Tainui executive;
- Army ‘subsidy’ cut to hit junior ranks;
- NZ’s a winner, says guidebook for tourists;
- Gosche voices concern about taxi standards;
- Polytechnics role distinct.
Editorial: Our flame