EVENING POST, OCT 23
The Evening Post, Monday October 23, 2000
Article: Mathew Loh
Champions - After the drought came the draughts - Queen to visit capital - Inside headlines - Sports lead - Editorial
Champions: Jason O'Halloran was coming to a crossroads in his life a few weeks ago when the Lions were struggling for form...now he is not only a NPC winner, he's an All Black.
After the drought came the draughts: "They don't understand what this means" says a Lions fan succinctly summing up what it was like being a Wellingtonian in Christchurch on Saturday night.
Queen to visit capital: Queen Elizibeth II will visit Wellington when she tours NZ next October.
- Summit no gabfest - PM;
- Report hits bosses for work risks;
- Gang footie free of trouble;
- Helicopter emergency in Timor;
- Staff welcome saving of Antarctic centre;
- Getting on, but drag queens still now how to party;
- Weekend toll passes last year's total;
- Singer Enari dies;
- Bottled water damaging teeth, dentists say.
Our boys do us proud: He's too drained and husky to worry about such things at present, but successful Lions coach Dave Rennie can be expected to be reappointed within three weeks or so, if he want's the job.
Editorial: Choosing fine leaders a fundamental decision;
Champions all the way.