Hydroponic Pot – One Tree Hill – Greg’s Mum – Blood Clots – Staunch Norm
- HYDROPONIC POT: The increasing demand for hydroponic marijuana has led to a power shift from rural growers to city based organised crime outfits, according to the National Drugs Intelligence Bureau.
- ONE TREE HILL: Auckland landmark One Tree Hill is now No Tree Hill, the dying 125 year old pine was removed by helicopter yesterday.
- GREG’S MUM: Tiria Asher, whose son Greg Carroll inspired the U2 song One Tree Hill, was having a “little cry” last night after hearing about the tree’s demise.
- BLOOD CLOTS: A Kapiti Coast psychologist who suffered a near fatal blood clot on a Qantas flight from Wellington to Sydney then Adelaide said last night that more New Zealanders should consider the health risks when flying across the Tasman.
- STAUNCH NORM: Sports Minister Trevor Mallard has leapt to the defence of Wellington Lions captain Norm Hewitt after ACC Minister Ruth Dyson said he was “foolish and shortsighted” for playing on with a broken arm.
Inside Political Headlines:
- PM attacks Prasad’s health law criticism;
- UN official meets slain soldier’s parents;
- America’s Cup brought in $640 million – report;
- Commission proposes more power for the IRD;
- McKinnon cops flak over report that he called Fijian ‘kids’.
Editorial: Equality in health