Virginity Pledge – Gisborne Hospital – Arthritis Cure – Overweight Kids
- VIRGINITY PLEDGE: An Australian evangelical preacher is touring New Zealand schools urging 13-year-olds to sign pledges of virginity till marriage and telling them condoms don’t work, angering parents of some fourth formers at an Auckland state school, who say their children were pressured to sign the pledge without the parents being consulted.
- GISBORNE HOSPITAL: Quality control standards at Gisborne Hospital’s laboratory for hundreds of tests to detect HIV, hepatitis, tumours, respiratory, heart and liver problems were so appalling that accuracy in some cases could not be vouched for, well-placed sources say.
- ARTHRITIS CURE: British scientists may have found a cure for arthritis.
- OVERWEIGHT KIDS: New Zealand kids could be getting too big for their bones, which may be literally breaking under the strain, a Dunedin medical study suggests.
Inside Political Headlines:
- With Clark’s help, the ‘Pacific Way’ will never be the same;
- Nothing to fear from hacking law says Swain;
- Leaders on collision course over Fiji venue;
- Global not making sea rise faster – study;
- Cullen takes heart from latest IMF assessment;
- E-commerce meeting.
have nothing to