Election Cliffhanger – Hillary In Senate – Prostitution Bill
- ELECTION CLIFHANGER: The presidency of the United States was in the balance last night as the election dissolved into unprecedented confusion when Republican George W. Bush saw his apparent victory over Democrat Al Gore snatched away, for the time being at least.
- HILLARY IN SENATE: Hillary Rodham Clinton became the only First Lady ever elected to public office, when she triumphed in her quest for a seat in the United States Senate, defeating homegrown Republican candidate Rick Lazio in New York.
- PROSTITUTION BILL: Legislation to decriminalise prostitution went through its first stage in Parliament last night with a powerful majority, MPs voting 87-21 to send it to a select committee for public submissions.
- Hong Kong officials to discuss free-trade deal;
- Prison camp survivors want payout;
- Election fever handled diplomatically;
- Troops ‘won’t get pay rise’;
- Justice Head Palmer joins staff exodus;
- Now you can vote at home;
- Group chosen;
- Jane Clifton About The House: 10 quid jeans set the scene.
Gaming review well