Hawera Brawl – Climate Change Breakdown – Grape Pests – Business Positivity – Taupo Cycling
- HAWERA BRAWL: Hawera police say they were powerless after a huge brawl involving nearly 100 people erupted in the town early yesterday, stopping ambulance staff from reaching a man needing urgent medical attention.
- CLIMATE CHANGE BREAKDOWN: The United States and the European Union faced international outrage yesterday after triggering the collapse of United Nations climate talks and leaving the fight against global warming.
- GRAPE PESTS: The Government is being asked to ban imports of Californian table grapes because they could carry a pest that would ravage New Zealand’s wine industry.
- BUSINESS POSITIVITY: Business is looking up, according to a series of surveys issued today that show improved confidence and employment prospects, and farmers steering New Zealand clear of recession.
- TAUPO CYCLING: More than 5000 cyclists had a fun day out at Lake Taupo on Saturday despite a strong westerly wind, and at times rain.
- Free traders thrill at finding a whole new side to Clark;
- Some Nats unhappy with me – English;
- Prebble questions legality of rebranding;
- Labour back in lead in birthday poll;
- National would spend $3b extra on defence, seminar told;
- Call for troop withdrawal angers Turkish Cyprus;
- Bowling club to be sold.
Editorial: A wider