Closing The Gaps – Deal Struck – Lost Taxi Chits – Jane Clifton About The House: Sexy Steve
- CLOSING THE GAPS: An attempt by Prime Minister Helen Clark to rebrand the Closing the Gaps strategy was set back yesterday by the revelation that Maori and Pacific Islanders have again been singled out for special mention in new legislation.
- DEAL STRUCK: The Government secured a rare deal yesterday to stitch up support for its contentious health restructuring, struck in a meeting between Labour, Alliance, Green and National MPs.
- LOST TAXI CHITS: Self styled perk-buster Rodney Hide has been busted by NZ First MP Winston Peters, getting an admission from the ACT MP that he had left a book of taxi chits in a restaurant and $544.20 in taxi bills had been clocked up on them. Mr Hide said he covered the cost from his own pocket.
- JANE CLIFTON ABOUT THE HOUSE - SEXY STEVE: There is no figure more conflicted than a Sensitive New Age Guy who has been objectified in a highly flattering way.
Inside Political Headlines:
- Resume reform path, urges OECD;
- Whaling dispute sours relations;
- New witness emerges in IRD inquiry;
- Resignation a ‘sign of meltdown’;
- Clark attacks television channels’ programming.