Killer Walks Free – ACC - OECD Report – Mad Cow Disease – Swiss Challenge
- KILLER WALKS FREE: An Australian family is warning that the killer of their daughter is about to be freed and will be on the loose and unsupervised in New Zealand. They are concerned that the boy who took their daughter’s life could kill again. He was 14 when the murder happened, now he is 20.
- ACC: Lump sum compensation payments for people who have had accidents are coming back under new accident compensation legislation being introduced by the Government. Only people suffering permanent physical impairment, mental impairment as a result of injury or sexual violence will be eligible.
- OECD REPORT: The Government is ridiculing advice from the OECD to introduce a capital gains tax, saying it would be political suicide. A report by the right wing based think tank said the Government needs to go further on the economic reforms of the past 15 years. Finance Minister Michael Cullen has dismissed the report as extreme.
- MAD COW DISEASE: Europe’s widening mad cow disease scare may have benefits for farmers here. Our BSE (mad cow disease) free beef could be in big demand.
- SWISS CHALLENGE: A row over the
eligibility of the Swiss America’s Cup 2003 campaign is
making waves off the water. The squadron have sought an
independent and binding decision on their eligibility to
avoid off the water protests during the regatta. Switzerland
is landlocked and therefore has no yacht