Internet Porn – Diesel Down – Smart Drinks – Jobs For Islanders - Benefits
- INTERNET PORN: Customs officials are powerless to stop horrific electronic images– such as baby rapes and sexual torture of children – being traded on the Internet, a parliamentary select committee was told yesterday.
- DIESEL DOWN: Shell lobbed another stone into the fuel price pond yesterday, cutting diesel prices a further 3 cents a litre.
- SMART DRINKS: Moderate drinkers have a higher IQ than teetotallers, according to a Japanese study being published in this week’s New Scientist.
- JOBS FOR ISLANDERS: More Pacific Islanders are to be allowed into New Zealand to fill jobs New Zealanders don’t want.
- BENEFITS: About 120,000 of New Zealand’s poorest households could be on average $20 a week better off once Department of Work and Income staff start issuing special benefits properly, advocates say.
- Gaps policy ‘still exclusive’;
- Enza under fire over court ruling;
- Sutton ready for US lamb tariff fightback;
- Shipley still silent on MP’s rebuke;
- Scheme ‘no guarantee’ on future pension levels;
- Genetically modified food to be labelled next year;
- Bank cuts fixed home loan rates.
Staging post for