Wairarapa Toddler – Welfare In Oz – Zemin Protests – TVNZ Pay Cuts
- WAIRARAPA TODDLER: The abused body of Wairarapa toddler Lillybing sat upright on her aunt’s lap as another aunt drove them to hospital just before midnight on July 23, Masterton District Court was told yesterday.
WELFARE IN OZ: New Zealand appears to have initiated the proposal to end the rights of Kiwis to Australian welfare benefits.
- ZEMIN PROTESTS: Police will pay compensation and apologise to five Wellington people wrongly arrested at a peaceful protest during Chinese President Jiang Zemin’s stormy visit last year.
- TVNZ PAY CUTS: Television presenters facing pay cuts of up to 30 percent believe they have become the fall guys for the botched John Hawkesby affair, which has cost Television New Zealand more than $7 million.
Inside Political Headlines:
- Clark turns ‘gaps’ gun on Nats;
- Law makes victims’ rights mandatory;
- Upton leaves house spellbound;
- Jane Clifton About The House: Don’t mention that G-word;
- Police chief defends handling of China protests;
- ACC dispute flares;
- Diplomats arrive;
- Accommodation demand rises.
Editorial: Openness the best