Bunkle’s Apartment – Free Doctor Visits – Sunline Win – Petrol Price Cut – Long-Drop Rescue
- BUNKLE’S APARTMENT: Alliance minister Phillida Bunkle said yesterday she would give up her taxpayer-owned Oriental Bay apartment in Wellington if it had been given to her by mistake.
- FREE DOCTOR VISITS: It would take up to 10 years to implement National Health Committee recommendations that visits to the doctor should be free, Health Minister Annette King said yesterday.
- SUNLINE WIN: Champion New Zealand galloper Sunline did what her country expected of her in Hong Kong last night, mastering an international field to win the rich Hong Kong mile at Sha Tin racecourse.
- PETROL PRICE CUT: Shell has fired another pre-emptive salvo in the petrol price war, slicing 3 cents off the price of petrol and diesel last night in a bid to catch its competitors by surprise.
- LONG-DROP RESCUE: A three-year old boy had to be hauled out of a long-drop toilet in Manapouri, Fiordland.
Inside Political Headlines:
- Clark climbing into controversy over Closing the Gaps policy;
- Samuels offered Labour peace summit;
- Poll results show Labour well in front;
- Police arrest man on Clark’s doorstep;
- Henare joins National party;
- Ngapuhi occupation plan;
- Trust aims to develop cancer control strategy;
- Cracks stall aging frigate’s maintenance.
Editorial: Gangsta rap a