Bain Upset – Overseas Doctors – Labour Computer Porn – Mission Improbable – Artist’s Wage
- BAIN UPSET: Convicted killer David Bain was said to be close to tears at the thought of still being in prison this time next year, despite the Government yesterday giving him a final chance to clear his name.
- OVERSEAS DOCTORS: The medical Council has changed its policy to give hundreds of overseas trained doctors fast track registration, throwing a lifeline to rural health services.
- LABOUR COMPUTER PORN: A Labour party computer had been used to download hundreds of images of pornographic material, Labour Party president Mike Williams confirmed last night.
- MISSION IMPROBABLE: Cannons Creek builder Jan Morehu, 22, leapt on the roof of his car when he saw it being stolen and clung on while the thief tried to shake him off.
- ARTIST’S WAGE: Artists could be paid a weekly wage to pursue their careers as soon as next year, associate Arts and Culture Minister Judith Tizard said last night.
Inside Political headlines:
- Hunt for cash despite Cullen’s rosy forecast;
- Perk-buster calls for probe into Bunkle’s claims;
- Youngsters face less invasive searches;
- $6.6m Contact payment ‘excessive’;
- ‘Bad boy’ hide critical of Dunne;
- Horomia finally acknowledges new ministry boss.
Editorial: Army misses the