Bunkle’s Flat – Dairy Industry Trouble – Labour Computer – Queen’s English – Rings Party
- BUNKLE’S FLAT: Alliance minister Phillida Bunkle is evicting herself from her Oriental Bay apartment to end a damaging row over ministerial perks.
- DAIRY INDUSTRY TROUBLE: The $10 billion dairy industry is teetering on the edge of revolt on the eve of unveiling its latest plan for a mega merger.
- LABOUR COMPUTER: Labour Party president Mike Williams said last night that his brother was reprimanded earlier this year for inappropriate use of a computer in the electorate office of Arts and Culture Associate Minister Judith Tizard.
- QUEENS’S ENGLISH: The Queen’s pronunciation of English has been infected by her subjects, Australian scientists say.
- RINGS PARTY: Tickets to a massive Lord of the Rings wrap party on Wellington’s waterfront tomorrow night are being scalped for more than $1500, sources close to the production say.
Inside Political Headlines:
- Policy ‘ will lower phone bills’;
- Bain team to seek legal aid for Court of Appeal return;
- Sentencing law change recommended;
- Police sex line claims ‘hogwash’;
- French BSE may boost NZ lamb trade;
- Army office to head joint force;
- Runway safety under scrutiny;
- Response to James’s case due soon.
Editorial: Pay like this is