EPOST NEWS MONITOR 22 12 00
The Evening Post, Friday, 22. 12. 00
Article: Mathew Loh
Gunpoint ATM drama - Rings party security tightened - Bunkle moves out - Be patient, motorists told - Inside headlines - Sports lead - Editorial.
Gunpoint ATM drama: A massive manhunt is underway in Wellington after two security guards were ambushed and robbed at gunpoint today by four balaclava-clad criminals as rush-hour commuters passed oblivious to the heist.
Rings party security tightened: Security for the Lord of the Rings wrap party on Wgtn's waterfront tonight has increased because of suspected ticket scalping.
Bunkle moves out: The front page pic shows movers carrying Phillida Bunkles's gear from the apartment she wrongly lived in
Be patient, motorists told: People should be patient as they leave Wellington this Xmas, especially in light of passing-lane closures starting today, say police.
- Fame and infamy in public broadcasting;
- Horseriding riskier than rugby, study;
- Double delight for NZ film;
- Witches tap solstice energy;
- Brain drain growing, says Hasler;
- Drivers farewell colleague;
- Police unwrap tinny houses;
- Lack of ban signs angers pipi collector;
- Woman fears attacker's release;
- Councillor takes sides, upsets colleagues;
- Commercial licence no ticket to work;
- Aratere takes only freight in trial run.
Double hit for woman's classic: The embattled NZ Women's Golf Classic appeared on the ropes this morning after it recieved two body blows.
Editorial: We say: Ms Bunkle ought to resign;
What are they scared of?