South American Earthquake – NZQA Bonuses – Mountaineering PM
- SOUTH AMERICAN EARTHQUAKE: An earthquake shook Central America yesterday, unleashing a landslide that buried hundreds of houses near El Salvador’s capital and killing at least 138 people across the region.
- NZQA BONUSES: The $2000 bonuses paid to New Zealand Qualifications Authority staff for the inconvenience of shifting buildings and other stresses came on top of $1000 performance bonuses.
- MOUNTAINEERING PM: Prime Minister Helen Clark and husband Peter Davis attempted to scale America’s highest summit on their Christmas break, Argentina’s 6962m Cerro Aconcagua, but turned back at 6000m, deciding they had reached their limit.
- TV to continue child campaign;
- Moa bone hard found in cave;
- Inquiry into sex offender driving taxi;
- Mystery poison drops kill pigeons;
- Decision expected this week on Nissui-Sealord deal;
- Delays forecast as McKays Crossing roadworks start;
- Plans for $750,000 Petone station almost complete;
- Good views far and near.
Editorial: Screenings a