Terralink Receivership – Helicopter Crash – Recidivist Paedophile – Parent School
- TERRALINK RECEIVERSHIP: State-owned computer mapping company Terralink collapsed into receivership yesterday, putting 280 jobs in doubt, though the Government says layoffs will be kept to a minimum.
- HELICOPTER CRASH: Sightseers and Wellington residents watched in horror yesterday as an out-of-control helicopter ploughed into the Mt Victoria summit yesterday, killing the pilot.
- RECIDIVIST PAEDOPHILE: Police, frustrated by a known Napier paedophile thumbing his nose at warnings, plan to lock up teenage boys they find at the man’s home in a rare use of a little-known law allowing police to detain children deemed to be in an unsuitable environment.
- PARENT SCHOOL: The parents of young criminals could soon be ordered back to the classroom – to learn how to be better parents.
- Bonus scheme hopeless – PM;
- Orchardists to present submission;
- Sowry’s call prompts warning;
- Fijians may command NZ troops;
- Fatal earthquake could be wake-up call for Wellington;
- Ministry vets delay strike action;
- More to forks than the flowering rata.
Editorial: Bonuses are a