Close Call – Death Threats – Pay Bonuses – Home Port
- CLOSE CALL: An Air NZ Boeing 747, carrying 397 people, and an American jet on a test flight came within a fraction of a second of colliding head-on above the Pacific.
- DEATH THREATS: Four Department of Child, Youth and Family Services workers and their families have been moved to secret locations in the past five years because of death threats while working.
- PAY BONUSES: The Government ordered and inquiry into bonuses and special payments to public servants last night, after revelations that a second department handed out perks to staff without ministers’ approval.
- HOME PORT: Wellington round-the-world yachtie Justine Maddock did not quite get the homecoming present she was after at the end of her voyage last night.
- Car dealers back law revamp;
- Terralink lease cost taxpayer $7m say sources;
- Women live in dread of work following them home;
- Prebble predicts row could topple Government;
- My predictions accurate – ACT leader;
- Official to join OECD forum;
- Tararua often overlooked but worthy of a visit.
Editorial: A jewel or an