Witness Trauma – Scrub Fire – New Bentley Evidence – Telecom Drop Line Rentals – Postie Transport
- WITNESS TRAUMA: People who saw a traumatic event, such as the Raurimu shotgun massacre, would be compensated by ACC under a proposal being considered by the Government.
- SCRUB FIRE: Thousands of rail commuters were delayed in Wellington after work yesterday while firefighters fought a scrub fire that threatened the ecologically significant Taupo Swamp and several houses.
- NEW BENTLEY EVIDENCE: Police investigating the murder of Ashburton teenager Kirsty Bentley have received what they say is new and potentially critical information.
- TELECOM DROP LINE RENTALS: Telecom is reducing monthly phone line rentals for the first time in a decade.
- POSTIE TRANSPORT: New Zealand’s 2000 posties have been banned from using scooters, skateboards or in-line skates to deliver mail.
- Suspect in killing of soldier held;
- Fox may upstage PM on Waitangi Day;
- Japanese gain approval for Sealord buy-in;
- Lump-sum payment advice ignored;
- Minto gears up to protest Fiji sports teams;
- Extra leave for Housing staff defended;
- ACC to dob in dodgy doctors;
- Inquiry continues;
- Fallen log gives name to walkway highlight.
Editorial: Keep pressure on