Waterfront Dispute – Murdered Jogger – Masterton Toddler Murder – Stroppy Contact Shareholders – Public Service Pay
- WATERFRONT DISPUTE: About 50 police in a V-formation escorted a truck carrying North Island watersiders through a 150-strong throng of jeering pickets at the Port of Nelson last night.
- MURDERED JOGGER: The injuries that caused the death of Wellington woman Margaret-Lynne Baxter were inflicted at a house in Hastings after she had been hit by a car while jogging on the outskirts of the city, an autopsy has confirmed.
- MASTERTON TODDLER MURDER: A man has been charged with murder after a two-year-old boy was found dead in bed in his Masterton home yesterday.
- STROPPY CONTACT SHAREHOLDERS: Small shareholder champion David Zwartz is calling on Contact Energy chairman Phil Pryke to resign.
- PUBLIC SERVICE PAY: More bonuses than first thought are being dished out to public servants, prompting the Government to warn that it could take up to five years to stamp out the practice.
- Backward step for mega-merger;
- Goff demands nuclear warnings;
- Kopu inquiry still open;
- MPs allowances under spotlight;
- MP’s sick daughter doing well;
- Remedies needed for bad laws;
- Financial strife in seven hospitals.
Editorial: Nuke fears