Murder Sentences – Crown At Waitangi – Vet Strike – Dad Angst – Head-On Tragedy
- MURDER SENTENCES: Justice Minister Phil Goff wants the law changed so murderers such as Paul Dally, who killed Wellington teenager Karla Cardno, spend much longer in jail before being considered for parole.
- CROWN AT WAITANGI: The crown attended this year’s Waitangi Day celebrations at Waitangi in everything but name, Associate Maori Affairs Minister Tariana Turia acknowledged at the Waitangi Treaty Grounds yesterday.
- VET STRIKE: Federated Farmers is threatening to sue state service veterinarians for millions of dollars if a planned strike at the end of the week is found to be unlawful.
- DAD ANGST: More than a quarter of new fathers have wanted to escape to the pub as they struggle through the first few months of parenthood, according to a British survey.
- HEAD-ON TRAGEDY: Five children were orphaned by a head-on crash near Taupo that killed their parents and an elderly woman in another vehicle yesterday.
- PM manages to stay out of trouble;
- Conflict ‘not an excuse to stop’;
- ‘Fed up’ Fox talks about balance of power;
- Crown breached duty: Sir Tipene;
- New safety guidelines drawn up for wakas.
Editorial: Stranded on the