Economic Recovery – Dangerous Youth – Police Rebuked – Women In Early
- ECONOMIC RECOVERY: The economic recovery looks to be gathering pace, with statistics out yesterday showing unemployment at its lowest for 12 years and job advertisements surging.
- DANGEROUS YOUTH: New Zealand children have more than twice the chance of dying young from fatal injuries than youngsters in England or Sweden, latest statistics show.
- POLICE REBUKED: Assistant Police Commissioner Paul Fitzharris last night rebuked police who smuggled a senior officer facing a drink-driving charge into an Auckland court through the judges entrance yesterday.
- WOMEN IN EARLY: The men’s International Rugby Board sevens tournament kicks off at the WestpacTrust Stadium in Wellington today, but the women have already started their tournament.
- Pact to make Kiwis techno-friendly;
- Defence Force not talking about trucks;
- Film series gets $7700 endorsement;
- ‘Parliament’ boss now backs Fox;
- National may change tack over Ohariu-Belmont seat;
- Size, not performance, sets pay – study.