Bunkle’s Cottage – Vet Strike – Golfing General – Closing The Gaps
- BUNKLE’S COTTAGE: Alliance MP Phillida Bunkle’s “one-bedroom” Thorndon cottage contains an upstairs living area complete with single bed, sunroom and private deck.
- VET STRIKE: The Agriculture and Forestry Ministry made what it calls an enhanced offer to 140 of its meatworks veterinarians as the flow of export meat dried up last night.
- GOLFING GENERAL: Major General Maurice Dodson spent six days of a 13-day Asian defence trip playing golf and has teed off on at least eight other taxpayer-funded trips in the past two years.
- CLOSING THE GAPS: A Government-controlled committee has defied the Prime Minister’s ban in the Closing the Gaps slogan.
- Fears too many poor will raise bank fees;
- Cash boost on the cards for police;
- Cullen irked by ACC duck-shoving;
- Plea to hold jobs open for part-time soldiers;
- Radio network placed on hold;
- Fresh Fiji travel warning;
- Fire truck gets ministerial send-off;
- National orchestra not quite the full score;
- Big turnouts for Middleton expected.
Editorial: TV charter is a