Medical School Resignations – Yacht Crash – Speeding Crash – Queen Protector
- MEDICAL SCHOOL RESIGNATIONS: Prime Minister Helen Clark and Health Minister Annette King have expressed concern at the resignations of 14 clinical lecturers from the Wellington School of Medicine.
- YACHT CRASH: A skipper gashed his head and two yachts were damaged in a collision after the start of the fourth leg of the BT Global Challenge around-the-world yacht race in Wellington yesterday.
- SPEEDING COP: The head of Gisborne’s CIB was let off a speed camera found for driving at almost twice the legal limit in the city’s main street because he was late for a briefing.
- QUEEN PROTECTOR: A boy trekked 241 kilometres to see the Queen hoping she would protect him from bullies.
Inside Political Headlines:
- Opposition turns heat on Bunkle to long, slow burn;
- Report tips Kiwi bank as likely to fail, says Shipley;
- Diplomatic rethink on tobacco gifts;
- New Zealand neutral on air strikes on Iraq;
- Committee unhappy with biosecurity readiness;
- Maori TV may be ‘doomed’;
- Actor sue Helen Clark for libel.
Editorial: ERO makes the