The Christchurch Press
Port Company - Kiwi Bank - Flower Power - Neil Finn - Black Caps
- PORT COMPANY The Lyttelton port company may move its operations away from the inner harbour. Operations may be moved to Cashin Quay.
- KIWI BANK Yesterday the government confirmed the New Zealand Post bank, which is said to cut fees by 20 to 30%, and cost $80 million initially Comment by: Elmar Toime, Jim Anderton, Bill English, Micheal Cullen, Mark Burton, Helen Clark, Jenny Shipley
- FLOWER POWER 1,700 seniors attended yesterday’s lunchtime concert of Flower Power, part of the Festival of Flowers.
- NEIL FINN 1,200 attended the Neil Finn concert at Canterbury University, playing to a group, which ranged from teenage to mature. Finn gave a dozen Christchurch 23 year olds the opportunity to back him in the performance, who were selected from demo tapes.
- BLACK CAPS The New Zealand Cricket team beat Pakistan yesterday in Napier.
Inside Political Stories
- PM expresses
belated confidence in MPs
- Mallard accuses vets of blackmail
- Cautious support for 'kiwi bank'
- Review of the family court timely - judge
- Move on special education
World: Sub's chief warned not to
Sport: Pakistan punished
Editorial: Kiwi Scapegoats