Green Bank Support – Prebble’s Documents – Vet Strike – Speeding Cop – Jane Clifton About The House
- GREEN BANK SUPPORT: The Greens are reviewing their crucial support for the Kiwi bank after a revelation that it planned to go head-to-head with New Zealand-owned building societies and credit unions.
- PREBBLE’S DOCUMENTS: An attempt by NZ Post to stop ACT NZ leader Richard Prebble issuing details of its banking proposals ran foul of Parliament’s rules yesterday.
- VET STRIKE: There was high hope early today that the meatworks veterinarian strike will end tomorrow.
- SPEEDING COP: The head of Gisborne’s CIB, who was let off a speed camera fine for driving at almost twice the legal limit because he was 25 minutes late for a briefing, will be issued with a new infringement notice.
- JANE CLIFTON ABOUT THE HOUSE: Severely backfooted in the Kiwi bank front yesterday, the Government deployed the ultimate weapon: Judy Keall.
- Why no conditional licences issued, as MPs;
- Housing turnover down, says Gosche;
- Second immigration officer gets payout;
- Bunkle, Hobbs questioned;
- Family Court bill laid to rest by Tamihere;
- English gets out of town allowance;
- Discrimination ‘widespread’;
- It’s census time again.
Editorial: Convincing the taxpayer.