The Christchurch Press
Kiwi Bank - Pine plantation fire - Prebble leak - Telecom / Sky TV deal - Bill English / Out of town allowance
- KIWI BANK The Green party is considering its position on the kiwi bank. The parties vote is needed to gain the funds for the bank. Politicians mentioned: Prebble, Donald, Cullen.
- PINE PLANTATION FIRE A 10ha forest of young trees caught fire yesterday consuming 50 fire-fighters, 12 appliances and monsoon buckets. In the event of a northwest wind the fire would have been much more serious.
- PREBBLE LEAK The Act leader could not be served with legal papers yesterday due to standing orders.
- TELECOM / SKY TV DEAL Telecom has purchased shares of SKY TV. Telecom purchased 12.5% of the company, at $192m, $17 more than the share market price.
- OUT OF TOWN ALLOWANCE Bill English is understood to be on the out of town parliamentary allowance despite his children attending school in Wellington.
Inside political stories:
- New bank will benefit all
- Withers warns on new party
- Police seek phone-tap funds
- Bill 'will devalue standing of foreign doctors'
- Boundaries no barriers for South Island's MPs
- Tamihere plea helps sink bid to make Family Court open
- Bunkle, Hobbs sent 'please explain' letters
World: US reels over 'most traitorous' spy
Sport: Mehrtens may be out for a month
Editorial: Back into banking