Trans-Tasman Migration – Kiwi Bank Row – Saltmarsh Mosquito - Oily Penguins – CYFS Deal
- TRANS-TASMAN MIGRATION: Australians will be treated more favourably than New Zealanders under a trans-Tasman migration deal agreed yesterday.
- KIWI BANK ROW: ACT NZ leader Richard Prebble is calling for the head of NZ Post chairman Ross Armstrong over the Kiwi bank documents row.
- SALTMARSH MOSQUITO: Auckland could face extra health costs amounting to hundreds of millions of dollars if the disease carrying Australian southern saltmarsh mosquito found an hour from the city becomes established.
- OILY PENGUINS: Penguin chicks have been found fouled with what appears to be oil close to an abandoned United States research station in Antarctica, scientists say.
- CYFS DEALS: Child Youth and Family Service made about five secret settlements last year with people claiming to have been hurt by social welfare, chief Social Worker Mike Doolan confirmed yesterday.
- The day the messenger bit the postie’s ‘dog’ – and won;
- Trade agreement with US not expected soon;
- Unions keep tabs on Howard’s brief NZ visit;
- Security boss sees no sure leak foil;
- Maritime surveillance potions report due;
- PM approves of forum host;
- Farmer ahead in ACT race, say supporters.
Editorial: Bunkle must be