Govt Car Crashes – A&E Inadequate – Prisoner Payouts – Kiwi Bank Court Battle
- GOVT CAR CRASHES: Government ministers’ taxpayer provided self drive cars have been in 12 crashes since the election, half when the ministers were driving and half when family members were driving.
- A&E INADEQUATE: Accident and emergency departments in New Zealand’s public hospitals are not meeting international standards, Health and Disability Commissioner Ron Patterson says.
- PRISONER PAYOUTS: The confidential payout to four Mongrel Mob members allegedly tortured and abused at Mangaroa Prison, in Hawke’s Bay, was revealed yesterday to be “not exceeding $325,000”.
- KIWI BANK COURT BATTLE: NZ Post has abandoned its courtroom fight against Richard Prebble after State Owned Enterprises Minister Mark Burton stepped into the row.
Inside Political Headlines:
- Howard says bilateral deal more effective;
- ‘Nanny state’ cannot travel says Clark;
- Assurance to Kiwis;
- Two children’s homes shut down;
- Hui advances call for Maori education body;
- Talks veto spurs NZ protest;
- Sea wall considered this year;
- Wellington reaps tourism rewards;
- Parliamentary Service details Huata inquiry action.
Editorial: Playing the catch