State Housing – Economic Development Ministry – Frozen Baby – Jury Changes – Jane Clifton About The House
- STATE HOUSING: New Zealand’s top earning state house tenant rakes in $125,000 a year.
- ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT MINISTRY: The Economic Development Ministry of Deputy Prime Minister Jim Anderton has lost four of its top five performing staff, despite sweetening them last year with $90,000 in salary increases and bonuses.
- FROZEN BABY: Doctors have revived a 13-month-old Canadian girl who spent hours lying in the snow and whose heart had stopped beating.
- JURY CHANGES: A revamp of the jury system is likely after a report recommended changes, which should mean fewer hung juries and more skilled and educated jurors.
- JANE CLIFTON ABOUT THE HOUSE: Watching Treasurer Michael Cullen suck up to the Greens is like seeing a re-enactment of the old folk tale about the crocodile giving the gingerbread man a lift across the river…
Inside Political Headlines:
- Funding likely to get blame;
- Orchardist upset crop rejected for export;
- NZ First to support integrity bill;
- Deed progress;
- Olympic job effort attacked;
- Nuke protest yachties ready.
Editorial: Widening the