The Christchurch Press
Foot And Mouth – Black Caps – Marc Ellis – Maori Seats
- FOOT AND MOUTH Six new sites in Britain have surfaced as being infected with foot and mouth. Meanwhile MAF is defending its biosecurity measures as some fear that not enough is being done to ensure it doesn't reach our shores.
- BLACK CAPS New Zealand won against Pakistan yesterday at Carisbrook.
- MARC ELLIS The former rugby and league star swam 13km in an effort to raise funds for a children's charity.
- MAORI SEATS Sir Kerry Burke (a former speaker of the house) yesterday told the Justice and electoral select committee that his council (Bay of Plenty) did not want Maori seats, describing them as a political concentration camp.
Inside political headlines:
- Hide discloses bank's market;
- Kiwi farming plan derided by minister;
- State may help with home loans;
- Moutoa Gardens agreement signed;
- Samuels, Tamihere in party challenge;
- Cancer patient forced into loan.
Farmers to get $500m
Sport: Astle hero of NZ victory
Editorial: Neutralising rogue jurors