Fletcher Energy Sale – Rescued Tramper – Dept Spending – Laughter – Foot And Mouth
- FLETCHER ENERGY SALE: Fletcher Challenge shareholders voted yesterday to sell FCL’s energy division to Shell and American oil company Apache for $4.8 billion, and agreed to set up the building division as a stand alone company.
- RESCUED TRAMPER: Rescued Christchurch tramper Harry Smith, who spent two weeks stranded on mountainous terrain after hurting his leg, had no idea till Monday that searchers were looking for him.
- DEPT SPENDING: The Work and Income Department has cut staff membership to the Koru Club in response to public criticism of its spending.
- LAUGHTER: Laughter may be the best medicine for stressed out women, says laughter therapist Rana Qummonh.
- FOOT AND MOUTH: The Government is beefing up border controls to protect New Zealand from foot and mouth disease.
Inside Political Headlines:
- Registrar clears Hobbs of electoral wrongdoing;
- E-government to be online in three years;
- Post Bank sale ‘right decision at the time’;
- Aussie further delays apple import decision;
- Tourists told to stay away;
- No single solution to greenhouse gas;
- Nuke ships alter course to dodge protest fleet;
- Orchestra may extend too far.
Editorial: Dr Brash’s report