EVENING POST NEWS MONITOR 13 03 01
Hotel threatens to check out - What woman want is a piece of everyone - Fat chance for ticket home - Kiwi officer killed by US bomb - Inside headlines - Sports lead - Editorial
Hotel threatens to check out: Wellington risks missing out on a proposed 5-star hotel - and many new jobs - because of the length of time it's taking to make decisions over developing the waterfront.
What woman want is a piece of everyone: The perfect composition woman would have Nicole Kidman's eyes, Kim Basinger's lips, Sandra Bullock's chin, Jennifer Lopez's cheeks and Salma Hayek's body.
Fat chance for ticket home: The front page pic shows Alain Estall eating his way to riches.
Kiwi officer killed by US bomb: A New Zealand army officer was one of at least five people killed by a bomb dropped by a US F-18 Hornet bomber on a bombing range in the Kuwait desert today.
- Primary classes may shrink;
- Poll ban idea gains support;
- Petone residents back on tap;
- Kiwi dies after London brawl;
- Scrub blazes in Porirua;
- Mozzie find sparks waterfront checks;
- New entrant in Hutt supermarket war;
- No change in CCH drug procedures;
- Capital couple live in clock;
- More evidence for anti-smokers;
- Plan to put computers in Porirua homes
Franklin pays for below par test: Wellington left-armer James Franklin is disappointed with himself rather than the selectors after being dropped following an average effort in the first test versus Pakistan.
Editorial: Fiji bedevilled by election delays