Peter Ellis – Deka – Tougher Sentencing – Jane Clifton About The House
- PETER ELLIS: A secret report by a retired senior High Court judge casts “serious doubt” on the convictions of Peter Ellis for sexually abusing children at the Christchurch Civic Creche.
- DEKA: More than 1400 people are being sacked from the failed Deka retail chain in one of the biggest layoffs in years.
- TOUGHER SENTENCING: New Zealand’s most violent criminals will have to wait at least 17 years before becoming eligible for parole, under a tough sentencing regime announced yesterday.
- JANE CLIFTON ABOUT THE HOUSE: The road to political hell is paved with good intentions – and, it turns out, veneered with endangered timber from the Third World.
- African timber goes on sale;
- Mallard hits back in stoush over spouses;
- New diplomat welcomed.
Editorial: Lets spare no