Aussie Mozzie – Peter’s Latest Pickle – Knifepoint Robbery – Less Stress – Boy Repays Bank
- AUSSIE MOZZIE: The Government is about to give up its fight to eradicate the Australian saltmarsh mosquito and the surrender could add hundreds of millions of dollars to health costs to fight Ross River virus epidemics.
- PETER’S LATEST PICKLE: Prime Minister Helen Clark’s husband, Peter Davis, is under attack over a $750,000 study grant he received to study what a decade of health system changes has done for hospitals.
- KNIFEPINT ROBBERY: A Lower Hutt pensioner was robbed in her home at knifepoint by two teenagers yesterday – the fourth attack on elderly residents in the area in the past three days.
- LESS STRESS: Two visiting stress experts, in Wellington today to present a seminar with the theme Less Stress, More Fun, say New Zealanders have plenty of reasons to be cheerful.
- BOY REPAYS BANK: A young Christchurch man will repay $750 to WestpacTrust that he, along with hundreds of city youths, received through an apparent computer glitch.
- Nats make most of First Man’s embarrassing slip-up;
- Plan to raise hut fees reassessed;
- Boost on cards for beneficiaries;
- PM to attend South Island hui;
- Plea to lift mountain bike ban;
- Shipping company job for Morgan criticised;
- Aussie insurer’s collapse brings NZ warning.
The right to have