Air Force Resignations – Fighter Pilot Mistake – PM Calls Truce – Iti Road – Mining Merger
- AIR FORCE RESIGNATIONS: The resignation of more key air force pilots could limit New Zealand’s air capability, including search and rescue.
- FIGHTER PILOT MISTAKE: An air force fighter pilot had a narrow escape yesterday after slicing a power line in two while flying low in the Buller Gorge.
- PM CALLS TRUCE: Prime Minister Helen Clark yesterday called for a truce on attacks on politicians’ families and spouses, including her husband, Peter Davis.
- ITI ROAD: A plan to spend $339,000 to upgrade a no exit road leading to land partly owned by the family of Maori activist Tame Iti is back on Conservation Minister Sandra Lee’s agenda.
- MINING MERGER: Mining and energy conglomerate BHP will merge with London based minerals group Billiton to create a $NZ68 billion global resources giant.
- US foot and mouth report angers Kiwis;
- Dead soldier ‘won’t be replaced in Kuwait’;
- Hemp trials about to start;
- Sneak preview due on Hobbs-Bunkle report;
- Breakthrough anticipated in Treaty claim;
- Research could be extended.
Editorial: Voters’ right to