Dirty Politics – Golden Handshake – Skyhawk Crash – Dead Businessman – Massive Fraud – Mir Splashdown
- DIRTY POLITICS: Tonight the Prime Minister is accusing the National Party of spreading rumours about cannabis being found in Health Minister Annette King’s wrecked car – as the speaker calls for cool heads after escalating tensions in Parliament over the bringing of MPs’ family members into politics.
- GOLDEN HANDSHAKE: The Government is facing questions about a payout by the Historic Places Trust over a personal grievance place with an employee. National’s Nick Smith claims the government is trying to hide the extent of the payout.
- SKYHAWK CRASH: Defence forces are under the spotlight again after the third Skyhawk accident in little more than a month. In the latest accident last night the Skyhawk pilot managed to eject moments before the Skyhawk hit the ocean. As an Air Force investigation team arrived in Perth, National Defence Spokesman Max Bradford said low morale over the Government’s defence policy is behind the Air Force accidents. The Air Force denies this, as does the Government.
- DEAD BUSINESSMAN: British born businessman Jonathan Powell, wanted by Interpol, has been found dead in Auckland. He ran an upmarket car rental firm on Auckland’s waterfront, amongst other businesses.
- MASSIVE FRAUD: Two men are locked up in New York tonight over an alleged scam that hit the bank accounts of Hollywood’s stars. Police say a man stole millions of dollars using the Forbes rich-list, a cell phone, and the Internet. Police say the found thousands of fraudulent credit cards at the man’s address.
- MIR SPLASHDOWN: Final countdown is underway for the final splashdown for the Mir space station. Space fanatics have gathered in Fiji two get the best view possible.