Sentencing Discrepancies – In Mir’s path – Celebrity Scam
- SENTENCING DISCREPANCIES: Adults who bash children have been given significantly lighter prison sentences than those who beat up adults, a Justice Ministry investigation has found.
- IN MIR’S PATH: New Zealand official were urgently trying to contact a fleet of fishing boats from American Samoa last night after fresh calculations put then in the vicinity of Mir space station’s plunge back to earth.
- CELEBRITY SCAM: A restaurant worker is accused of using the Internet and Forbes magazine’s list of the richest Americans in the scheme to steal millions from some of America’s richest celebrities.
Inside Political Headlines:
- Clark accuses National of muckraking over drug claim;
- Oceas policy may get radical;
- Jane Clifton About The House: A lot of woofage after lunch;
- Disease-test horses sold for pet food;
- Foot-and-mouth move ‘appallingly’ late;
- Minister defends airport checks;
- Two of five iwis sign terms of negotiation;
- Dead soldier’s job not undermined.
Editorial: MPs should grow